Up to $20/hour
Our culinary positions require great attention to detail, while maintaining a clean and sanitary station at all times (all utensils, pans, equipment, etc…). In a fast paced and high-volume restaurant, teamwork, timing, and communication are all essential to everyone’s success. You will often find yourself working a variety of stations and positions, as well as other culinary team members assisting you throughout the shift. Everyone is responsible for maintaining correct temperatures of food, as well as upholding all other restaurant specifications to ensure consistency, quality and safety of our food for our guests. We take pride in the product we serve our friends and families!
Line cooks are expected to accomplish the following during each shifts:
- Prepare a variety of meats, seafood, poultry, vegetables and other food items for cooking on flat top, fryers and a variety of other kitchen equipment.
- Assume 100% responsibility for quality of products served.
- Know and consistently apply our portion sizes, cooking methods, quality standards and kitchen rules, policies and procedures to everything you do.
- Stock and maintain sufficient levels of food products at line stations to assure a smooth service period.
- Portion food products according to standard portion sizes and recipe specifications.
- Maintain a clean and sanitary work station area including tables, shelves, and refrigeration equipment.
- Prepare items for flat top, grilling, frying, or other cooking methods by portioning, battering, seasoning and/or marinating.
- Follow proper plate presentation and garnish set up for all dishes.
- Handle, store, and rotate all products properly.
- Assist in food prep assignments during off-peak periods as needed.
- Clean the kitchen properly and follow all checklists for kitchen stations. Assist others in cleaning the kitchen.