Pay: Up to $20 an hour.
Malones is a very fast paced and high-volume restaurant in which teamwork, timing and communication are all essential to everyone’s success. You will often find yourself working a variety of stations and positions, as well as other culinary team members assisting you throughout the shift. All positions require great attention to detail, while maintaining a clean and sanitary station everyday (all utensils, pans, equipment, etc…). Everyone is responsible for maintaining correct temperatures of food, as well as upholding all other restaurant specifications to ensure consistency, quality and safety of our food for our guests. We take pride in the product we serve our friends and families!
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepares a variety of meats, seafood, poultry, vegetables and other food items for cooking on flat top, fryers and a variety of other kitchen equipment.
- Assumes 100% responsibility for quality of products served.
- Knows and complies consistently with our standard portion sizes, cooking methods, quality standards and kitchen rules, policies and procedures.
- Stocks and maintains sufficient levels of food products at line stations to assure a smooth service period.
- Portions food products prior to cooking according to standard portion sizes and recipe specifications.
- Maintains a clean and sanitary work station area including tables, shelves, grills, flat tops, fryers, and refrigeration equipment.
- Prepares item for flat top, grilling, frying, or other cooking methods by portioning, battering, seasoning and/or marinating.
- Follow proper plate presentation and garnish set up for all dishes.
- Handles, stores and rotates all products properly.
- Assists in food prep assignments during off-peak periods as needed.
- Cleans the kitchen properly and follows the all checklist for kitchen stations. Assists others in cleaning the kitchen.