The essential functions in this job description are not all-inclusive of this job’s duties and responsibilities:
- Ensure all food safety procedures are strictly adhered to according to sanitary regulations
- Work closely with management to meet revenue objectives
- Implement appropriate strategies to resolve adverse trends and improve sales
- Maintain safe working conditions
- Follow company policies and procedures regarding the handling of cash, property, products and equipment
- Audit inventory levels to ensure product availability, and order products as necessary
- Watch over the dining area, supervises food and beverage service staff in accordance with operating policies that he or she may help establish.
- Creates a positive team atmosphere among Team Members.
- Provides feedback and coaching to the Team regularly.
- Understands building capability through Cross training
- Treats all Team Members fairly with respect.
- Sets high standards for appropriate team behavior on shift.
- Works with food and beverage staff to ensure proper food presentation and proper food-handling procedures.
- Handle guest complaints in restaurants.
- Train and supervise staff
- Schedules periodic food and beverage service staff meetings to ensure correct interpretation of policies and obtain feedback from staff members.
- Maintain budget and employee records, prepare payroll, and pay bills, or monitor bookkeeping records.
- Check the quality of deliveries of fresh food and baked goods.
- Meet with sales representatives to order supplies such as tableware, cooking utensils, and cleaning items.
- Arrange for maintenance and repair of equipment and other services.
- Total receipts and balance against sales, deposit receipts, and lock facility at end of day.
- Is capable of handling irate customers with a friendly/calm attitude.
- Ensures product quality and great service.
- Shows enthusiasm within the restaurant.
- Is flexible in dealing with changes/problems (e.g., being short staffed).
- Has effectively forecasted restaurant needs.
- Shifts priorities and goals as work demands change.
- Prioritize tasks effectively to ensure most important tasks are completed on time.
- Delegates and follow-up effectively.
- Taking ownership of issues or tasks and give detail update to fellow managers.
- Seeks, listens and responds to Guest feedback.
- Coaches team on how to exceed Guest expectations.
- Does not blame others; takes accountability for problems.
- Effectively identifies restaurant problems through reports and can ideate & execute to resolve the same.
- Proficiency in using computer software to monitor inventory, track staff schedules and pay, and perform other record keeping tasks. (Hotschedules, Micros, ctuit, Microsoft Office)
- Proficiency in Point of sale (POS) software.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule.
To perform the job successfully, and individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Hospitality: Manages difficult or emotional guest situations; Responds promptly to guest needs; Solicits guest feedback to improve service; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments
- Teamwork: Hospitality, gives and welcomes feedback, contributes to building a positive team spirit, puts success of team above own interests, supports everyone’s efforts to succeed, exhibits objectivity and openness to others views
- Problem Solving: Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics
- Technical Skills: Assesses own strengths and weaknesses; Participates in training and development opportunities; Strives to continuously build knowledge and skill; Shares expertise with others
- Communications: Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills; Participates in meetings; Writes clearly and informatively; Able to read and interpret written information
- Leadership: Exhibits confidence in self and others; Inspires and motivates others to perform well; Effectively influences actions and opinions of others; Accepts feedback from others; Gives appropriate recognition to others; Displays passion and optimism; Inspires respect and trust; Provides vision and inspiration to peers and subordinates; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; able to build morale; Displays willingness to make decisions; Exhibits sound an accurate judgment; Supports and explains reasoning for decisions; Includes appropriate people in decision-making process; Making timely decisions
- Managing People: Includes staff in planning, decision-making and facilitating; Takes responsibility for subordinates’ actions; Makes self available to staff; Provides regular performance feedback; Improves processes, products and services; Delegates work assignments; Matches the responsibility to the person; Gives authority to work independently; sets expectations and monitors delegated activities; Provides recognition for results; Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Plans for additional resources; Sets goals and objectives; organizes or schedules other people and their tasks; Develops realistic action plans
- Business Acumen: Understands business implications and decisions; displays orientation to profitability; Demonstrates knowledge of market and competition; Aligns work with strategic goals; Works within approved budget; Develops and implements cost saving measures; Contributes to profits and revenue; Conserves organizational resources
- Organizational Support: Follows policies and procedures; completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; Support organization’s goals and values
- Professionalism: Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments; focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; Maintains confidentiality; Keeps emotions under control; Remains open to others’ ideas; Keeps commitments; Works with integrity and ethically; upholds organizational values; Adapts to changes in the work environment; Manages competing demands; changes approaches or demands; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events; Follows instructions and responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan
- Quality: Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality
- Quantity: Meets productivity standards; Completes work in a timely manner; Strives to increase productivity; Works efficiently
- Safety and Security: Observes safety and security procedures; Determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly
- Initiative: Volunteers readily; Undertakes self-development activities; Seeks increased responsibilities; Takes independent action and calculated risks; Looks for and takes advantage of opportunities; Asks for and offers help when needed; Sets and achieves challenging goals; Demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles; Measures self against standards of excellence; Takes calculated risks to accomplish goals; continually works to improve supervisory skills
- Diversity: Demonstrates knowledge of EEO policy; Shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences; Educate others on the value of diversity; Promotes a harassment-Free environment; Builds a diverse workforce
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required to perform this job satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
One year certificate from college or technical school; or six months to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence and to speak effectively before groups of guests or associates.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages and volume.
To perform this job successfully, and individual should have knowledge of/or experience with Microsoft Word, Excel and other computer programs.
Lifting, Pushing, Pulling, Carrying
Up To 100 lbs.
Required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands or arms
Should be comfortable working between both heat and cold coolers
Noise level is moderate
Close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to focus
Ability to effectively present information in on-on-one and small group situations to guests and other associates in the restaurant.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence.