Pay: Hourly + tips
This position involves a high degree of guest contact. It is required that you are well versed on our concept and able to communicate requests a guest may have to their server. A great server assistant can “make or break” a server. The more you anticipate the guest’s needs, and communicate/work with your server efficiently, the more money the server and you will make.
The primary duties of the server assistant position are:
- To maintain the bread area/server assistant area, bake bread and provide bread and water for the guest.
- Help pre-bus during the meal, and clear and reset tables after guests have left.
- Maintain a clean, organized dining room and bar area during service.
- Help stock the essential tools of service.
In order to achieve the above description, you will need to perform the following essential functions:
- Observe tables and keep track of which ones are clean, dirty and occupied.
- Lift and carry up to 30lb loads from one end of the building to the other.
- Memorize tables and their associated numbers throughout the restaurant.
- Recognize seat numbers.